This DIY Ultrasound Imaging development kit is kelu124‘s entry to Hackaday 2017 prize and is equipped for imaging, based on two ad-hoc ultrasound boards, a Raspberry, a custom ADC, and a motherboard.
This HSDK has for objective to:
– consolidate existing hardware research;
– simplify and lower the cost of the kit;
– permits benchmarking of ultrasound systems;
– introduce a simple API to control hardware;
– have a server which provides both raw ultrasound and data standard DICOM files;
– have a kit that can be used for pedagogical and academic purposes – not to mention people who want to understand ultrasound!