ESP8266 airplane spotter
Daniel Eichhorn recently upgraded his original text version of Plane Spotter project with a colorful TFT screen displaying a map along with airplanes on it. The project requires an the ESP8266 Wifi module (Wemos D1 Mini in this case) and an ILI9341/ XPT2046 TFT display with touch screen.
- Beautiful startup splash screen
- Automatic geo location by using WiFi scanning. List of visible SSIDs identifies your location
- Automatic download of JPEGs from MapQuest
- Detailed information about the nearest aircraft
- Flight track: last 20 waypoints per aircraft displayed