Development board for PIC16F1938
The PIC16F1938 is a versatile 28-pin MCU belonging to Microchip’s extreme low power microcontroller family featuring nanoWatt XLP technology, 28KB of programming memory, 1KB of RAM, 11 ADC channels, and tons of other peripherals. A while ago, I designed a development board for this MCU and I thought it would be worth sharing this design here. The development board features an onboard USB-UART bridge to support the ds30 Loader for easy programming of the PIC MCU. All I/O pins are accessible through 2×5 headers.
Summary of Features:
- On-board 5V and 3.3V regulators
- Support both 5V and 3.3V MCUs. The power supply option is selected through a slide switch (SW1).
- FT232RL USB-UART bridge
- PIC16F1938 runs at 16 MHz external resonator
- PIC is preloaded with the ds30 Loader (bootloader)
- All I/O pins are accessible through 2×5 male headers. Each header connector has VCC and GND pins.
- ICSP connector for PICKit2 or 3
- On-board LED connected to RA0 pin.
The pre-compiled HEX file for bootloader can be found inside the dist folder.
Following is the list of components used in this development board.
We recommend EasyEDA for circuit design and PCB prototype