Chronio: Another Arduino based wrist watch
Chronio is an Arduino-based 3D-printed wrist watch designed by Max.K. The watch fits in a 22mm watch strap and runs on a 160mAh button cell for several months. A 96×96 pixel Sharp Memory LCD is used for display. Besides telling time, you can play a simplified version of Flappy Bird on it.
- The ATmega is in Sleep mode for most of the time and only runs once a minute to update the time or if a button is pressed. This reduces the current consumption to 2uA. Sady the display needs a certain pulse every second, which requires a complicated additional circuit. Because of this the current consumption is around 20uA. This still makes for around half a year of battery life.
- User Interface controllable with three side buttons. Buttons are 3D-printed and activate switches on the PCB
- Tells time, date, temperature and battery voltage on the main screen. No additional temperature sensor is needed, because the DS3231 already has one integrated for temperature compensation.
- Flappy Bird clone (“That would have been cool in 2013”)
- The case consists of four 3D-printed parts. It has a thickness of only 10.8mm, which is thinner than the Apple Watch. Unfortunately it lacks screen protection.
- Fits any 22mm Watchband
Chronio demo video: